I recently made a mouthwatering recipe that my family couldn't get enough of, and I couldn't resist sharing it with all of you here! Instead of writing a lengthy blog post about how I came up with the recipe, I'll get straight to the point and share the deliciousness with you. 😉
Introducing Buffalo Chicken Mac, a delectable combination of flavors that will leave you craving for more. Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1lb (about 2-3) chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-4 tbsp. hot sauce or buffalo sauce, depending on your preference
- 1/2 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 120g whole wheat elbow macaroni, dry
- 55g pepper jack cheese
- 65g crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Boil the macaroni according to the package directions.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium/high heat and brown the chicken pieces for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the chopped carrots, onion, celery, garlic, paprika, bay leaf, and salt and pepper. Cook the veggies until tender, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and mix well.
- Add the hot sauce and crushed tomatoes, then bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it simmer for 8-10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Stir in the cooked pasta into the chicken mixture, and transfer the mixture into an 8x8 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the pepper jack cheese over the top and place it under the broiler until the cheese has melted and the top turns golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Finish off by topping it with sliced scallions.
Voila! Your Buffalo Chicken Mac is ready to be devoured. It's a cheesy, flavorful delight that will satisfy your cravings. Don't forget to let me know how it turns out when you give it a try!
Here's a sneak peek of what this melty goodness looks like:
Enjoy and happy cooking!